Saturday, December 18, 2010

Break ke baad!

It has been more than a year since I posted last on my blog. Not that there was nothing to write about. Time was never a problem too. This was a break deliberately taken. There were too many things on my mind to write but the most prominent of all was my travels in last Dec-Jan period. Those events were too significant for me that had i started writing about those that time, it would have become a diary of several unimportant events. This I didn't want to happen. I intend to write about those travels from now on. Whatever I write now is what will stay in my mind forever. So, all junk stuffs are avoided :)

Let this 'come back' post give a short recap of all the events that shaped up my life in the last 12 months! Since last December there were several significant events that happened to me or around me or somewhere else that I happened to catch my attention. 

- I made a personal record of visiting 3 different countries on 3 successive weekends, which remained improbable for me till then!
- As a part of this milestone I visited 2 "wonders of the world", on 2 consecutive weekends, one of those being The Eiffel Tower and the other one The Leaning tower of Pisa :)
- I met the Santa Claus! Not just 'some' Santa, but THE ORIGINAL SANTA CLAUS who lives in the Lapland region of North Finland. 

- My favorite sports teams won, across continents and across games. 
* My home team Chennai Super Kings won The IPL and the Champions league 'Double' (under the captaincy of one who would make a better Tennis/Hockey player than a cricket batsman).
* My favorite football clubs - Chelsea won Premier league and FA Cup 'double'!!
* My other favorite football club - Barcelona won almost everything except the UEFA Champions league and Copa del rey! Nothing wrong if I add Spain's world cup victory here, considering the fact that it was 'almost' a Barca squad :)
* LA Lakers won this season of NBA!

- The number of newspapers I started reading increased several times and it is now directly proportional to the number of scams and scandals that the got unearthed. 

- I saw many more movies, under many new circumstances, with different group of friends, and on some occasions even alone. Most important of all, "Enthiran" became a never-before-seen blockbuster hit! More on movies in later posts.

- Twitter became more and more famous, which keeps me surprised till this moment. 

- Wikileaks has created a revolution, and Julian Assange is a sensational, cult figure at the moment. 

And finally, "Spectrum" and "2G" became the most commonly used technological terms in India. Even the most uneducated, illiterate citizens of India understood what they meant. Being an electronics engineer myself, this is a matter of pride for me. 

Jai Hind, and all the scams. 

--S--

No comments:

Post a Comment